Long History with Valued Traditions
We are proud of the history and traditions of All Ways Moving & Storage®. We have proven our resilience, strength, and dedication to our community as we have preserved through the Great Depression, countless recessions, inflation, and truck deregulation.
Bill McKean and R.H. Burt started the moving company, McKean & Burt, Inc. in Washington, Pennsylvania.
They used the slogan, “All Ways Moving” on their equipment, and began a company that would continue for generations.
McKean & Burt, Inc. was incorporated under the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Incorporators: Walter Christman, Stephen Richman, and Gaylord Greenlee.
William J. Moore and JoAnn M. Moore purchased McKean & Burt, Inc.
McKean & Burt, Inc. becomes an approved Transportation Service Provider for the Department of Defense and begins moving our country’s soldiers and families.
A business relationship is formed with Wheaton World Wide Moving.
All Ways now has the ability to move household goods within the United States and internationally.
On March 29, 1975, President and Treasurer, William J. Moore, passed away in Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania leaving behind his wife and eight children.
On May 21, 1975, JoAnn Moore is named President and Treasurer.
All Ways purchases Allegheny County moving rights, expanding its service areas.
JoAnn Moore gifts the shares of McKean & Burt, Inc. to her son, Timothy M. Moore, and JoAnn retires.
A new, and the current office of All Ways Moving & Storage®, was purchased.
All Ways Moving & Storage® purchased statewide authority for moving rights in Ohio.
All Ways World Wide Moving, Inc. was incorporated under the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania by incorporator Timothy Moore.
All Ways World Wide Moving, Inc. becomes an interstate agent for Wheaton Van Lines, and All Ways Moving & Storage® expands as an Independent Carrier on their own Interstate Operating Authority.
Additional warehousing space is purchased and added to the current facility grounds.
All Ways Moving & Storage® purchases moving rights in the state of West Virginia, allowing the company to perform any move within the state.
West Maiden, LLC. Is formed by Jon R. Hoyt and Johanna E. Hoyt for the purchase of all facilities from Timothy Moore.
All Ways Moving & Storage® became an approved carrier for the General Services Administrations (GSA) Centralized Household Goods Traffic Management Program for domestic household goods.
All Ways World Wide Moving, Inc. separates its long-standing relationship with Wheaton World Wide Moving.
A new business venture in formed with Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
All Ways becomes 100% independent to ensure the highest quality and commitment to our customers.
On December 10, 2021, Jon, along with his wife Johanna, fulfill the purchase agreement with Timothy Moore and Kimberly Graham for All Ways Moving & Storage® and All Ways World Wide Moving, Inc.
Jon now presides as the President of both companies. He marks the fourth generation of the Kelly/Moore/Hoyt family to run and operate a moving and storage business in Washington, PA.
Who We Are
Our moving company has been a FULL service provider of high quality packing, moving, and storage services based in the Pittsburgh, PA area since 1913. Our success is based on the premise that we take care of the customer first, the employees second, and the equipment and facilities third. The successful history of our moving company is based on repeat and referral business.
Unique to today’s industry standards of agent/van line business structures, All Ways Moving & Storage® is a family owned and operated, independent moving company. You may be saying okay, so what is the advantage of moving with an independent moving company?
No Middle Man
- No answering services or directories to hassle with! You deal directly with full-time employees of All Ways Moving & Storage®.
Local Experience and Expertise
- Our local and tenured full-time employees know our communities and the industry, so they are able to provide you with the best possible service you and your family deserve!
Our Revenue is Invested Back into our Company and the Community
- No hidden costs or skewed estimates to makeup for van line markups.
- Revenue is used to invest in employees, equipment, and other operational costs to improve our services.
- We invest time and funds into our local community in order to provide a brighter environment for our future generations.
We Make the Best Decisions with your Interest in Mind
- Ability to self-haul nationwide.
- Work with the top agents in the nation to service your shipments.
- Personal and genuine service from our family to yours!
The All Ways Moving & Storage Advantage®
- Free visual surveys for all estimates
- Ability to self-haul nationwide – servicing your shipment directly without any interference
- Own and operate new, updated, and fully equipped vehicles
- Employ honest, loyal, and dedicated full-time employees with extensive annual background checks, pre-employment and random drug testing, and paid training
- Maintain 25,000 square feet Department of Defense approved warehouse space
- Certified AMSA ProMover
- Alliances with the best realtors in our area
- Bestowed the Quality of Service Award for 23 years
- Consecutive Angie’s List Super Service Award recipient since 2011
- A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau
- Click here to view our commercial